Law Office of June Zhou


Family law

FAMILY LAW - WHY HIRE US? We understand that you are frustrated and worried during the divorce proceedings.  Your spouse often does not want you to retain an attorney and promise that you can save money and you can resolve everything between two of you.  However, all too often, they looking out for their own best interest.  We are experienced, committed and speak your language. We will help you promptly and efficiently in the following: [su_lightbox type=inline src=#divorce]Divorce[/su_lightbox] [su_lightbox type=inline src=#property]Property Settlement Agreements[/su_lightbox] Alimony [su_lightbox type=inline src=#child]Child Custody and Support[/su_lightbox] Paternity Prenuptial and postnuptial Agreements Name Changes Appeals If you have any other issue that you need addressed that isn’t listed on the above, please feel free to tell us and we would be happy to discuss them with you. [su_lightbox_content id=divorce width=90% margin=25 padding=65 text_align=left] DIVORCE We have combined more than 30 years of experience representing clients in family law matters.   Attorney June Zhou has represented clients in the family matters before the family courts in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Myles and Naples.  As its process is often time consuming, emotional and costly, divorce can be an extremely emotional and difficult time for the parties involved.  Its consequences of the outcome are even more serious.  Seeking the representation of an experienced family law attorney can make things much smoother. Florida is a state of no-fault divorce, which means that divorce can be processed without blaming either party for breaking of the marriage. The petition of dissolution of marriage can be filed as long as you have a  legal marriage, one party has been residing in the State for six months immediately filing the petition of dissolution of marriage, and the marriage is irretrievably broken (completely broken) or one party was found to be mentally incapacitated.   If the above requirements are met, you may begin the divorce proceeding, which can be either contested or uncontested (1) UNCONTESTED DIVORCE An uncontested divorce is one either in which the parties are able agree on the terms or one party cannot be located. If all parties agree to divorce and agree on the terms of the divorce settlement then at least one party may not need to appear in court.   If one party is nowhere to be located, other party still can begin the dissolution of marriage according to the procedures set by the Court.  Attorney June Zhou regularly represents these cases and can ensure process correctly and will consider for a flat fee. (2) CONTESTED DIVORCE Contested divorce occurs when the parties cannot agree on the issues of the dissolution of marriage such as child custody and support, alimony and the settlement of property, among other things.  In these cases, the matter must be adjudicated before the Florida Circuit Court in order to be finalized.  Attorney June Zhou has successfully represented a large number of clients in these types of divorces and has achieved favorable results in the most of these situations.   Please do not leave the outcome of your divorce to your luck.  Attorney June Zhou will meet with you, evaluate your case, explain your options and appear in court on your behalf. If you are planning to file petition for divorce or you have received a complaint of dissolution of marriage, please call June Zhou, Chinese speaking attorney at (561)573-7577 for a consultation today. [/su_lightbox_content] [su_lightbox_content id=child width=90% margin=25 padding=65 text_align=left] Child Custody and Support Child custody and support usually are major disputes in the divorce proceedings because they are emotional and expensive.  The courts usually consider many matters of the parties to decide the rights of primary custody or shared custody.  Florida State presumes both parents have rights to access their children.  In addition, Florida requests both parents are responsible for the financial support of their minor children (children are under age of 18) and has set up a standard formula for calculating responsibilities of each party for child support.  Based on the number of children that are in need of support, a certain percentage of the combined gross income will be assessed.   By using this formulaic approach, the court allows attorneys to come up with an approximate estimate of what their clients are entitled to or how much they will pay to the other. However, the court will consider many other issues such as medical insurance and education expenses, etc. An experienced attorney would make the matter much less stressful. Spousal Support One spouse will often need financial support during a separation or after the divorce.  In these situations, the court may award spousal support in a lump sum or in installments for a fixed or indefinite term.  There is no formulaic approach to a determination of spousal support.   In deciding how the support will be awarded, the courts can consider the following factors: The financial situation of each party; • the lifestyle during marriage; • the age and physical and mental conditions of both parties; • the ability of the spouse seeking support to obtain employment; • the distribution of martial property; • the earning potential of the parties and if the earning potential of either party was affected in any way by the circumstances of the marriage; and • any other factors that the court deems to be proper and just. Attorney June Zhou will fight to protect your rights.  Please call us at (954)482-0274 or (561) 573-7577 to discuss your matter today. [/su_lightbox_content] [su_lightbox_content id=property width=90% margin=25 padding=65 text_align=left] PROPERTY SETTLEMENT Property Settlement Agreement and Marital Settlement Agreement Separation Agreement can be used during the marriage or during the divorce proceedings.   It is used to provide for the future governance of your relationship, and to give additional evidence to the court about the day that you separated.  If it is sued in the divorce proceeding, a Marital Settlement Agreement leaves no doubt about the details of the ending of your marriage relationship. It is better to have a written agreement, rather than rely on verbal understandings or promises. When you have a Marital Settlement Agreement in Florida your divorce proceedings will be much simpler and it will be much clear to the court that there is an uncontested divorce. You do not file the Marital Settlement Agreement or Separation Agreement with the Court initially.  However, once you begin the proceedings of dissolution marriage you should attach the Marital Settlement Agreement to the petition and ask the court to merge the Agreement into the final judicial decree. [/su_lightbox_content] OTHERS Attorney June Zhou also handed many other issues of family law such as Prenuptial and postnuptial Agreements, Name Changes, Appeals, adoption, etc. Call us at (954)482-0274 or (561) 573-7577 to set an appointment with Attorney June Zhou and to discuss your matter

Deportation & Criminal Defense

If you received a Notice to Appear before an Immigration judge, or you are visited from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), or you are arrested because you become subject to a criminal investigation, or you have been convicted of a misdemeanor or crime. In any of these situations, you have the following options to fight for staying in the United States:     ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS (GREEN CARD) UNDER IMMIGRATION LAW OF SECTION 245 OR 245(I).    By filing application, you may change from nonimmigrant to immigrant status in order to get legal status in the United States. Usually (among other requirements) you have to have entered the U.S. legally to qualify for adjustment, in which case, you usually have a I-94 card and you meet other requirements such as good moral character, health condition and financial support. But there are some exceptions to lawful entry requirement such as 245(i) and cancelation of removal. Attorney has successfully helped many clients to obtain their green cards from the USCIS or before the Immigration Court based on the marriage, employment immigration, 245(i) and other forms.     ASYLUM   If you fled from your native country because you were persecuted or you have a well-founded fear of future persecution, you may apply for asylum.  You usually have to apply for asylum within one year after your arrival unless exceptions apply.  If you entered into the U.S. legally, you may submit your application to the USCIS.  If you are placed in removal proceeding, you may request for asylum before the Immigration judge. You may also apply for a work permit, bring your spouse and minor children into the United State and eventually receive a green card. The process is complicated and time consumed, an experienced attorney will make the case much easier.  We successfully applied asylum applications for many clients before the Asylum Office and the Immigration Courts throughout the country.  Some clients won their cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals and others won before the Court of Appeals.       WITHHOLDING OF REMOVAL AND PROTECTION UNDER THE CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE (CAT)   It is similar to asylum in many ways and it can be applied with the application for asylum. However, it has a higher standard and is more difficult to obtain, because you have to show that it is more likely than not that you would be persecuted in your home country upon return. However, as a beneficiary, you are usually ineligible to apply for permanent residence or travel outside of the United States or bring your family into the United states.  However, a person who gets withholding can stay in the U.S. and can get work authorization.  There are also exceptions and other ways to adjust status.  For example, our client entered intot he U.S as a B1 visa. 4 years later, the client hired us to apply for asylum and withholding.  The client finally was granted for withholding. Later the client married to a U.S. citizen and hired us to apply for green card. Finally the case was reopened and the Immigration Judge granted the green card to the client. You may also apply for Protection under CAT if you can prove that it is more likely than not that the government of your home country or some person or group your home government cannot control will torture you if you were returned to your home country. But it would be enough that it is likely that you would be tortured, rather than why you would be tortured.  Similar to withholding, if your application is granted, you cannot ever get green card or travel internationally. But you usually can remain and work in the United States.     CANCELLATION OF REMOVAL FOR A NONE LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT   You may apply for a green card by cancelation of removal if you arer plcased in removal proceeding by the Government or voluntarily.  You have to prove 1) 10 years' physical presence in the U.S., 2) your being removed would cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to your qualifying relative such as your spouse, parent, or child who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.  However, the standard is very high and has many other restrictions.  Attorney June Zhou has won cancellation of removal cases before the Immigration Court.     CANCELLATION UNDER THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN ACT (VAWA).   You can apply for VAWA cancellation before the USCIS or the Immigration Court if you are placed in removal proceedings if you can show that you have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by a qualifying relative and meet other requirements, including three years of physical presence in the U.S. and good moral character. Attorney June Zhou has successfully handled these types of cases before the USCIS and before the Immigration Court.     NACARA SPECIAL RULE CANCELLATION   This relief has very specific requirements, including being from one of a list of particular countries. Some also have to show that they applied for asylum before a certain date or that they are eligible to apply to reopen past removal proceedings under the LIFE Act.       VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE   If everything else fails, you may apply for Voluntary Departure, which allows you to leave the United States within a given time period on your own instead of under a removal order. You can request a voluntary departure either from Deportation Officer or before the Immigration Judge (IJ), either at the beginning or end of removal proceedings. However, it is a discretionary relief and requires some qualifications such as noncriminal records. One of its benefits is that it does not lead to a period of inadmissibility because of an order of deportation unless you have stayed in the U.S. for one year or more unlawfully, in which case you’re subject to a separate ground of inadmissibility, which bars your return to the U.S. for 10 years. For a Chinese national or an Asian, this is usually an unpractical solution and occurred very rarely, partially because the distances between your native country and the U.S. and the financial debts you have endured to entered the U.S.  We usually not recommend this type of relief unless you really intend to leave the U.S. in giving time period. Otherwise you would be bared for 10 years to apply for immigration benefits unless you meet exceptions.       DEFERRED ACTION   You may make an agreement with the the u.s. government to put your case on hold (neither give you legal status nor deport you).  It is applied on a case-by-case, except that procedures have been formalized for certain young illegal immigrants, as described below:   “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals,” (DACA).   DACA allows    immigrants who entered to the United States as children and who meet certain other requirements to apply for two years’ protection from deportation (removal) and a work permit. President Obama announced changes to the DACA program that go into effect in early 2015, eliminating the age limit and extending the protected period to three years. Under 2015 DACA program, you may apply for DAVA if you: were under age 16 when you came to the U.S.; have continuously lived in the U.S. since June 15, 2010 up to the time you apply excluding any brief, casual, and innocent departures; were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time you apply for DACA; either entered the U.S. without inspection (EWI) before June 15, 2012, or if you entered with inspection, your lawful immigration status such as B1/2, F1, TPS had expired as on June 15, 2012; are either in school now (unless absent for emergency reasons), have graduated or earned a certificate of completion from an accredited high school, have obtained a GED certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States, and have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors; and no threat to U.S. national security or public safety (such as by being a member of a gang).     PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION   The government agency may exercise a discretion to stop trying to deport you if you have no criminal record. If you receive prosecutorial discretion, you may apply for work permit.  But you may probably NOT be eligible for other benefits such as the right to travel. However, there are no strict rules about who can receive this form of relief. Attorney June Zhou has successfully obtained this benefit for some clients who had a bad case or who was too envious to testify before the Court.     PRIVATE BILLS   This law was passed  by the U.S. Congress to help an immigrant receive relief from deportation. Private bills is an option only if no other forms of relief are available and occurs very rarely and only under a hoghly sympathetic facts.     ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS THROUGH “REGISTRY” UNDER I.N.A. SECTION 249   This is a way of getting a green card if you entered the U.S. before January 1, 1972 and meet residency and other requirements such as admissibility, and good moral character. Attorney Zhou appeared more than 10 Immigration Courts throughout the United States, had successfully reversed cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and argued before 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 11th  Circuit Courts of Appeals. If you are in removal proceedings, do not panic, call us at (954) 482-0274 or (561) 573-7577.


Forms Updates [feedzy-rss feeds= max=20 feed_title=yes target=_blank meta=yes summary=yes

Start Your Consultation Today

This exclusive service for reasonable price. We offer three types of online consultations: Email, Telephone, Skype.